Announcement of candidates selection for the position of CEO of Joint Stock Company Ukrainian Railways (Ukrzaliznytsia) (including the corrected clerical errors)
JSC Ukrzaliznytsia is a state-owned enterprise of rail transport in Ukraine, a monopoly that controls vast majority of the railroad transportation in the country. Ukrzaliznytsia operates a combined total track length of over 19,000 km, making it the 14th largest in the world. Ukrainian Railways is also the world's 6th largest rail passenger transporter and world's 7th largest freight transporter.
Currently, the company provides 82% of freight and almost 50% of all passenger transportation. In terms of freight traffic, Ukrainian Railways is ranked fourth on the Eurasian continent with only China, Russia and India being ahead.
- Chair and facilitate the work of the Management Board of the Company as a collegial body.
- Deploy effective corporate governance practices throughout the organization, in its relations with the Supervisory Board as well as with the Management Board and the management levels below.
- Establish strong working relationships with the Government as shareholder of the Company and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the strategic as well as the day-to-day management of the Company and its rail and industrial infrastructure.
- Ensure effective management of the Company’s stakeholders through the Management Board.
- Ensure implementation of the approved long-term development strategy of JSC Ukrzaliznytsia and improve road map taking into account the new market structure and new rail transportation legislation envisaged by the government.
- Reform the business management model, transform the organizational structure, and ensure the introduction of new management systems in the Company according to international standards.
- Together with the MBM Passenger, drive the urgent development and improvements to the quality of passenger service, and as adjunct thereto, negotiate a sustainable PSO agreement for passenger transportation with relevant authorities.
- Ensure the efficiency and transparency of business operations of the Company, and strengthen its financial performance and capabilities to finance modernization of its business.
- Develop and consistently implement a plan to reduce costs and increase the efficiency of business processes.
- Prepare Ukrainian Railways for market liberalization.
- Develop international rail traffic including transit as well as strengthen Ukraine’s role as logistics hub.
- Implement a comprehensive automation plan through industry-standard digital systems including ERP.
- Ensure compliance and corruption prevention in the Company.
- Ensure cybersecurity of the Company.
Adjusted requirements to be met by candidates for the position of Chairman of the Management Board of JSC Ukrainian railways
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience in large companies on Board level positions.
- Proven track record in developing and managing complex organizational change projects (transformation of business model, organizational restructuring, M&A).
- Profound practical knowledge of economics, experience in strategic and investment planning, budgeting in large enterprises.
- Proven skills and experience in long-term strategy development and implementation.
- Successful change management experience of regulatory field and government-related influence.
- Successful experience of managing the portfolio of large capital investment projects.
- Experience in implementing best practice corporate governance systems and recommendations for large enterprises.
- Impeccable professional reputation.
- Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian and English.
- The applicant must not be and has not been for the previous five years the founder, shareholder (participant), CEO, member of the supervisory board, employee or representative of an entity to whom the Government of Ukraine has applied personal, special economic or other restrictive measures (sanctions), as well did not have a significant business relationship with such an entity.
A detailed list of requirements for the candidate for the position of Chairman of the Management Board of JSC Ukrzaliznytsia can be found by the link.
To apply for the position the package of Chairman of the Management Board of JSC Ukrainian railways interested candidates should submit the documents mentioned below to Amrop at firstname.lastname@example.org before October 6th 2021
- Motivation letter
- Consent to personal data processing
- Application for participation in candidate selection
- Copy of personal ID document
Founded in 1977, Amrop advises organizations in Executive Search, Board and Leadership Services. With 65 offices in 53 countries, Amrop supports clients in identifying and positioning ‘Leaders For What’s Next’: top talent, adept at working across borders in markets around the world. Amrop’s Mission is ‘Shaping Sustainable Success through Inspiring Leaders.’ Amrop is one of the world’s largest retained executive search partnerships of independent, partner-owned firms.
Amrop started activities in Ukraine in the late 90s, conducting assignments for leading multinational and local companies, primarily in FMCG and Telecommunications. In 2006, Amrop was the first among the top 10 Executive Search companies to establish an office in Kyiv.
Today, Amrop Ukraine operates in close cooperation with Amrop Partners from the Baltic countries and the global Amrop partnership. In addition, the team has successfully conducted executive search and board assignments in private and public sectors (e.g., PrivatBank, SC Ukrposhta, NPC Ukrenergo, etc.). Amrop in Ukraine is a member of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (www.aesc.org).